Saturday, January 15, 2011

2010 Recap

Hello!

It is time to review my 2010 performance and goals.

I began actively trading at the start of last year in January 2010.  Listed below is a review of my goals for the year:

*Annualized Dividend Income goal for the year = $500.
*End the year with 6 stocks owned

I began the year with $0 invested, so to achieve $500 in dividend income by Dec 31st was somewhat of a lofty goal for a brand new equities investor at 25 years old, who only sought to invest in safe, blue-chip, dividend-growing companies.

Nevertheless, I am pleased to announce that I ended the year with Annualized Dividend Income earned at $512.

Furthermore, I am also pleased to announce that my portfolio beat the S&P 500 Index by a whopping 0.2%. :)

Listed below is the list of the 11 companies (stock symbol) I ended the year with.

ABT
ADP
CINF
GE
JNJ
LEG
PAYX
PEP
PG
SO
WM

Though I only surpassed my goal of $500 by $12 for the year of 2010, if I continue to follow this year's contributions plan, my portfolio is currently positioned to greatly exceed my 2011 goal, despite it still being January.  (Explained - I now have positions able to earn dividends for four quarters throughout the year, as opposed to last year when I began with nothing and had to build throughout the year).

My '2011 Goals' post will come in a few days.  That's all for now.

DividendPartisan

No comments:

Post a Comment