Monday, October 31, 2011

Monthly Progress Review: October

Happy Halloween! 

This past week I saw on the television show "The Biggest Loser" that the average American spends $45 on Halloween candy.  My wife and I spent $7 total.  How much did you spend?  Regardless, let's see how many Americans' candy tabs my dividend income for this month would have covered... (jk)

It is time once again for my Monthly Progress ReviewListed below is a summary of the dividends I received, as well as the purchases I made for the month of October in my Dividend Income Portfolio:

Dividends Received
*Automatic Data Processing (ADP) - $18.39
*Anworth Mortgage (ANH) - $41.69
*Cincinnati Financial (CINF) - $24.65
*General Electric (GE) - $22.80
*Leggett and Platt (LEG) - $29.00
*Realty Income (O) - $21.74

Therefore for the month of October my dividend income total was $158.27.  Not a giant number this month, but its that much closer to my 2011 Dividend Goal!  On a side note, I am loving my Realty Income purchase.  I have owned the company for two months, have earned $43.60 in dividends, and have already reinvested 1.3 shares.  Not to mention the $400+ capital gain.  I think this stock is a winner.

Purchases
A rather slow month for me again in terms of purchases, as I made no new buys in October in my dividend income portfolio.  I was, however, very tempted to leverage myself in order to take advantage of some great opportunities.  At the last minute, I decided against it.  Probably a wise choice (thanks to my wife) given my recent home purchase, but part of me recognizes I missed a quality buying opportunity.  Especially with the recent large jumps the market has now made.  Nonetheless, thanks to dividend reinvestment I was at least able to get $158.27 into the market...

Finally, with the addition of October's dividends to my Progress Tab, I now have earned $1,335.11 this year in passive dividend income.  Praise the Lord!  As for whether I'm on track or not, I think I've got some big months left this year, but will most likely not reach my goal of $2k of dividends received from my dividend income portfolio.  We'll see.

Well, that's all for now.  As always, I appreciate your thoughts and insight.  How is your portfolio performing?

Thanks for reading! 

DivPartisan

If you enjoy reading DividendPartisan, please consider subscribing to my Feed or exchanging links

8 comments:

  1. O is a great stock. Monthly divy's and wants to be known as "The Monthly Dividend Company"...what's not to like? Drip it and ride!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drip it and ride... That is awesome. And is exactly what I plan to do. Stay in touch,

    DivPartisan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff!

    I am tempted to buy "O" myself, need to complete a purchase of "T" first :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Own Advisor,

    I think 'T' and 'O' are both great stocks. Not necessarily sure they are good buys at current levels, but definitely two quality dividend ideas.

    Take care,

    DP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job man!

    Huge dividend numbers and they're climbing all the time. Keep it up!!

    It's interesting that of all 6 stocks that paid you dividends this month I own none. That's weird!

    I like ADP, GE and LEG..just so many equities and so little capital!

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mantra,

    That is interesting! You've got a great bunch, so maybe I should look more into what you're doing!

    I was wondering, do you have a retirement account as well, (roth or 401k)?

    Take care!

    DP

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another nice month DP!

    I've owned O for a few years now. They're also very dedicated to dividend growth as well. Its not always a huge increase but its nice to know that they're mindful of dividend growth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big J,

    Thanks for the note. I expect O to increase it's dvidend in the mid 5% range in the next year. They are poised for growth. Keep in touch,

    DP

    ReplyDelete